Monday 19 October 2015

Russian Tuesday

Repeating what I learned last week during Russian tuesday. It might be easier to learn Russian when you are a Lithuanian. I heard this language all around since I was born. But to learn writing and reading it, is a completely different thing. Russian alphabet writing system uses Cyrillic script. And it's not only very different from Roman script but also sometimes very confusing.
I am fortunate that there are so many different helpful tools out there in the internet. Like these youtube.com lessons to pronounce and write Russian letters: russian alphabet made easy.


I want to share another thing that I understood over process of learning seven different languages at once. It is very good to use as many similar tools as it is possible. Like for speaking and understanding I have Pimsleur listening lessons for every single language. That way I can learn same phrases in all those different languages. Sometimes I even try to repeat those phrases in my head not only for the one language I am listening at the moment, but also for all of those that I already heard the same material.  But I also try to dedicate specific day to specific language. Like reading material, watching movies or listening to music in dedicated language for the day.

Somebody asked me how I don't get confused with all those different languages at once. Before beginning I also thought that it will be confusing (like I was always confusing Polish and Russian words while trying to speak), but it isn't. Somehow everything falls into places every single day I learn new things. And I get excited when I manage to learn something new. Like today while learning Russian I managed to pronounce some words in much clearer way that I couldn't before. I felt proud of myself and this feeling is the best motivator for anything in our lives :). 

Good luck for anyone who is learning languages, it is a very hard but rewarding thing to do :).

До свидания :)


No comments:

Post a Comment